Trade Accelerator Program (TAP)
Attention: Registration for the Trade Accelerator Program is now closed.
A VIRTUAL training program to help Nova Scotia companies expand into international markets.
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with the Halifax Chamber of Commerce, is pleased to offer the next cohort of the Trade Accelerator Program in a new online format, delivered via Zoom.
The Trade Accelerator Program will include seven half-day sessions held over several weeks, where SMEs will learn how to strategically scale-up. Participants will receive access to top industry experts, coaching to build a personalized export strategy, and a wide range of resources, tools, and training to prepare them to successfully expand into international markets.
- Explore New Markets - More than 71% of participants are now actively exporting in markets including China, India, Mexico, Japan, Sweden, U.K., Italy, and the United States.
- Grow Your Business - Average growth of 33% in export sales on year after participation.
- Build Confidence - Nearly 90% of participants declared themselves better prepared to do business internationally upon completing the program.
Companies must meet the following criteria:
- generate more than $500K in annual gross revenue
- are currently not exporting but has taken exploratory steps abroad; or
- are already exporting a product or service and wishes to increase its market share; or
- are motivated to expand to new markets
- have a product or service with a defined competitive advantage
- have two years of financial records
- have a good record of corporate social responsibility
The program fee is $5000 per company. However, through the generous support of sponsors, a bursary will be provided to participating companies to lower the cost to $499 plus HST.
Applications for the Trade Accelerator Program are accepted between September 22, 2020 and October 10, 2020. Applications must be received no later than 5:00pm (Atlantic Standard Time) on October 10, 2020.
TAP Virtual Cohort #2 Dates
Day 1: Support and Advisory Resources - October 20, 2020
Day 2: Strategic Planning - October 21, 2020
Day 3: Legal and Tax Implications to Going Global - October 27, 2020
Day 4: International Finance - November 3, 2020
Day 5: Building Capacity & Supply Chain Management - November 10, 2020
Day 6: Sales & Marketing - November 17, 2020
Day 7: Sales & Marketing - November 18, 2020
Interested? Contact Jessica McCall to learn more.