Digital Marketing Asset Development Program
Supporting Nova Scotia’s ocean technology companies with the development of digital marketing videos
This program is no longer receiving applications.
NSBI acknowledges the impact COVID-19 has had on our ocean technology companies that rely on international tradeshows, missions, and other face-to-face engagements to sell their products and services.
To help these companies mitigate some of the challenges faced by moving these in-person activities to a digital environment, NSBI has developed the Digital Marketing Asset Development Program (the “Program”).
Through financial and project management assistance, the Program seeks to support our ocean technology companies with the development of custom digital marketing videos to elevate their international sales efforts and help them succeed in the new, increasingly competitive, digital sales reality.
What will the program offer?
The program will provide support for a cohort of Nova Scotia’s ocean technology companies to develop high-quality digital marketing videos to use in their digital marketing efforts.
Participants in the program will have access to a catalogue of three (3) video templates they can choose from for further customization, and upon completion they will each receive:
- one (1) high-quality 2-3 minute digital marketing video; and
- one (1) high-quality 10-30 second digital marketing video clip suitable for use on social media platforms.
Participating businesses will be required to pay a non-refundable Program participation fee of $500.00 plus HST.
NSBI will cover all video production and agency fees under the scope of the Program.
- Procure the agency for the Program
- Facilitate the relationship with the procured agency
- Work with the agency on the creation of approximately three template storyboards
- Offer project management assistance to each company throughout the production process
The Program application period will be open from Wednesday, September 30, 2020, to Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 5 p.m. Atlantic Time.
Successful applicants will be notified of acceptance to the Program by Friday, October 16, 2020.
The Program timeline goal is 7-weeks — beginning with acceptance into the Program and ending with the delivery of a custom digital marketing video.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Nova Scotia registered business in good standing (current registration on the Registry of Joint Stock Companies; federally registered businesses with a head office registered in Nova Scotia may be eligible) with less than 100 FTEs in Nova Scotia
- Have a permanent establishment in Nova Scotia
- Have most of the workforce currently residing in Nova Scotia (some exceptions may apply)
- Have a product/service with the potential to be sold outside of Nova Scotia
- Manufacture and/or assemble end products or provide services with a direct tie to the ocean technology sector
Businesses NOT eligible for the program include:
- Publicly funded organizations
- Non-revenue generating not-for-profit organizations
Before you apply
Please read the following prior to applying: Digital Marketing Asset Program Guidelines
Program applications are subject to a competitive process and not all applications that meet these criteria may be approved.