Innovation Rebate Program
Be more competitive in global markets.
We are currently accepting applications for the Innovation Rebate Program. Please review the Guidelines and FAQ before submitting your Application.
The Innovation Rebate Program supports Nova Scotia businesses looking to increase their global competitiveness. The program provides financial incentives on projects that enable a company to increase innovation capacity through private-sector capital investments or adoption of new technologies and business processes.
The Innovation Rebate Program will work as a rebate against a company’s direct costs. Eligible expenditures will include direct costs of Eligible Projects as defined in the Innovation Rebate Program Guidelines.
An Eligible Project is a project approved by NSBI, for purposes of the Innovation Rebate Program, and may include:
- implementation of new or significantly improved production processes or waste stream processing;
- investment in production capacity to enter new markets and/or produce new products; and
- establishment of new production facilities in Nova Scotia.
An Eligible Project must have a total budgeted Nova Scotia investment (excluding tax) of not less than $2,000,000. The maximum amount of Eligible Project Costs to which the Innovation Rebate Program rebate will be applied is $15,000,000.
Eligible Projects must be approved by NSBI prior to March 31, 2020. All Projects must be completed within a three (3) year period.
How to Apply
DOWNLOAD the Innovation Rebate Program Application Form and SAVE it to your computer.
The Application Form is a fillable PDF* which means you can conveniently complete it electronically on your computer. You must, however, open it in Adobe® Acrobat Reader and SAVE it to your computer before completing the fields in the application form.
Once complete, please submit the Application Form to the Regional Business Development Advisor for your region. As indicated in the Innovation Rebate Program Guidelines, an application to the Innovation Rebate Program must include:
- Completed application form;
- Schedule of Eligible Project Costs;
- Project plan acceptable to NSBI, which will include project timelines, identification of key technical and management resources, budgets, and anticipated impacts of the project on the Company’s competitiveness in global markets;
- Historical and projected financial statements of the Company and any additional financial information, as required by NSBI, to assess the financial viability of the Company; and
- Any other information required by NSBI to evaluate the request.
For complete program details or assistance in completing the application form, please contact the Regional Business Development Advisor for your region, or refer to the following: