Scale-up Hub Cambridge
We are no longer accepting applications for participation in the NSBI Scale-up Hub Cambridge program for the 2017-18 fiscal year. For additional information about the program, please refer to the FAQ and guidelines.
A new program to help Nova Scotia companies grow export capacity
The NSBI Scale-up Hub Cambridge is a new program designed to help Nova Scotia companies build an international presence and grow export capacity in the US market and beyond.
The Program leverages the strong historical and cultural ties to New England and helps Nova Scotia companies scale up to a larger size through targeted access to export markets in Massachusetts and the broader US Northeast.
The first NSBI Scale-up Hub, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, offers eligible companies access to the following resources for a full year:
- Professional-guided entry into the New England marketplace
- Collaborative working space in Cambridge, Massachusetts, one of the world’s top innovation hubs
- Dedicated services of an in-market business development team to help drive strategic sales generation and market development activities
Up to five companies will be accepted into the NSBI Scale-up Hub Cambridge program.
Successful applicants must be technology-focused, high-growth companies that are already exporting from Nova Scotia and will be required to pay a non-refundable participation fee of $5,000.00 CAD plus HST.
There is one application intake period for the NSBI Scale-up Hub Cambridge for 2017-18. The deadline for application submission is October 30, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. (Atlantic Daylight Time).
How to apply
There are two stages of the Application Process.
- All interested companies must complete the online Application Form.
- Following submission of an Application, short-listed businesses will be required to participate in an interview process for final selection, and third party reviewed financial statements will be required.
Project participation will be awarded on a competitive basis.
The NSBI Scale-up Hub Cambridge Program has been designed for utilization in complement with Nova Scotia Business Inc.’s suite of export-support programs. Learn more about the Export Growth Program and the additional Resources and Funding options available.