Export Development Program
Grow your exports. Grow your business.
The intake period for the 2021-2022 Export Development Program is now closed.
The Export Development Program (EDP) is for Nova Scotia businesses looking to:
- increase sales outside of Nova Scotia
- adopt technology and enhance e-commerce
- improve competitiveness
EDP offers three streams to support your business growth.
Stream 1: Travel and Virtual Trade Missions
- Participate in a virtual trade show, mission or conference
- Invite foreign clients, potential partners or investors to visit the business’ Nova Scotia facilities for the first time
- Travel to a market to attend an in-person trade show, conference or to visit clients, potential partners or investors. International travel permitted; the company will follow and adhere to all health protocols in all jurisdictions where the company is travelling. The company is responsible for all quarantine costs. International travel should adhere to federal government guidance.
Stream 2: Hire a Consultant
- Get expert help to address the challenges or barriers to selling your products/services outside of Nova Scotia
Stream 3: Digital Adoption
- Purchase software, hardware and platforms to enhance remote working productivity
- Implement e-commerce solutions and the digitization of internal operations
All eligible businesses can apply for up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $30,000 CAD across the three streams. For minimum project requirements and a full list of eligible costs, please refer to the Program Guidelines.
Projects for Stream 1 must be completed, and claims submitted before March 31, 2022.
Projects for Stream 2 and Stream 3 must be completed, and claims submitted before March 15, 2022.
Two-Step Identity Verification
We use two-step verification for our online forms. Each time you apply or submit a claim, you will be asked to:
- Enter your NSBI Customer Number and your associated email address to receive a one-time code
- Enter the one-time code to verify your identity and gain access to the online form
IMPORTANT: If this is your first program with NSBI or you don’t know your NSBI Customer Number, please contact your Regional Business Development Advisor to request this information.