Grow Export Program 2020
Helping Atlantic Canadian businesses be export ready
We are currently accepting applications for the Grow Export 2020 Program. Please review the FAQ and Guidelines to learn more.
The Grow Export 2020 Program is an export readiness program that builds the export capacity of small businesses in Atlantic Canada with the goal of enabling long-term economic growth in the region. The short-term quantitative benefits for each organization is based on the services and training you receive. If you are selected for participation in the Grow Export 2020 Program, you receive:
- Support to develop an Export Monthly Action Plan (Export MAP) to guide export planning
- Targeted export educational sessions
- FITT - Situational Analysis - This workshop explains how to conduct a situational analysis, including assessing organizational readiness and planning and analyzing the results of international market research.
- Customer Discovery - Identify potential early adopters and learn how to use qualitative market research methods to validate problem-market fit.
- Export Budgeting /Cash Flow Projections - Core components, considerations and resources to help you prepare and manage your export market-entry strategy.
- Pricing Strategies for Export - How to price your product/service for export markets.
- Sales Training - Understanding the building blocks that build a solid sales organization, a repeatable sales process and creating a healthy sales funnel.
- Coaching opportunities on how to solve export challenges and enter foreign markets
- Educational Trade Mission to the US in fall 2020
- Pre-mission sessions focused on how to prepare for the mission, elements required for planning, what to expect in market and follow up on international sales opportunities.
- Select meetings with Canadian government and business organizations in the target city.
- Opportunities for companies to visit sector-specific sites of interest including business incubation centres, accelerators, start-up zones, research centres, educational partners, advanced manufacturing centres and more.
- Education sessions in market on a range of issues related to doing business in the U.S., including Canadian Consular services, intellectual property protection, setting up U.S. entities, and sales strategies for the target market
- Post-mission follow-up with a matchmaker to assist with any additional support after B2B meetings.
The training component fee is $250 and covers the cost of your export training, support services and coaching. Travel to the educational sessions and any meetings are the responsibility of the participant.
The Educational Trade Mission fee is $250. Participants are responsible for all costs associated with travel, meals, and accommodations; however, the Grow Export 2020 Program will reimburse 75% of the costs of air travel and accommodations for one participant per company once a travel claim is submitted with all receipts.
Critical Dates - Nova Scotia
January 13 – assign FITT course (online) – complete within 3 weeks
February 4 - Customer Camp Part 1, full day face to face in Halifax (snow date – February 6)
February 26 – Customer Camp Part 2, half-day online (ALL PARTICIPANTS)
March 3 – Customer Camp Part 3, half-day online (ALL PARTICIPANTS)
April 17 - Understanding Your Price Training, half-day online (ALL PARTICIPANTS)
June 12 – Cash Flow Training, half-day online (ALL PARTICIPANTS)
June 18 – Cash Flow Training, full day face to face in Halifax
July 7 – Sales training Part 1 – half-day online (ALL PARTICIPANTS)
July 23 - Sales training Part 2 – half-day online (ALL PARTICIPANTS)
Applications for Grow Export 2020 Program will be accepted until December 19, 2019.
How to Apply
To apply for Grow Export 2020, please complete the application form and send to:
Grow Export 2020 will be taking 8 qualifying SMEs from Nova Scotia.
For complete program details, please refer to the following: