FITTskills: Feasibility of International Trade - New Glasgow
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 8:30am to Friday, January 26, 2018 - 4:30pmAdd to calendar
Pictou Chamber of Commernce
115 MacLean Street, Suite 2C
New Glasgow, NS, Canada
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, is pleased to offer FITTskills Feasibility of International Trade.
Decide whether new international trade opportunities are viable, assess your company’s readiness to take advantage of them and determine whether the potential benefits outweigh the risks and costs. The Feasibility of International Trade course examines the critical steps and decisions needed to ensure the success of new international ventures. You will learn how to analyze your organizational readiness, identify promising opportunities, and decide if the potential outcomes fit with your company’s strategic direction and improve your bottom line.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to determine the viability of a prospective international initiative and its possible components.
- Assess organizational readiness for new international trade initiatives.
- Screen possible target markets to determine most viable markets for designated initiatives.
- Conduct market research for identified potential import and /or export ventures.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for importing and/or exporting potential products and services.
- Identify and analyze potential risks of international initiatives.
- Determine if the potential gains and opportunities of the venture outweigh the possible risks.
- Develop and implement strategies and activities to monitor and manage identified risks.
Course Dates: January 19 & 26, 2018
Instructor: Leroy Lowe
Agenda for each day:
- Workshop: 8:30am - 12:00pm
- Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00pm
- Workshop: 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Registration fee: $57.50 ($50 + $7.50 HST)
Registration deadline: January 17, 2018
Light refreshments and lunch will be provided.