Scotians Global Advisor Program
Ready to start imagining the outcomes?
The Scotians Global Advisor program connects you and your business with a global network of advisors who are passionate about the success and growth of Nova Scotia. Here is what you can expect as a Scotians participant:
- Work with the Scotians' Program Manager to better understand your current business challenges and barriers.
- Be matched and introduced to relevant global advisors who are ready to provide guidance, fresh perspectives, and insights across a variety of topics.
There is no fee to participate in Scotians.
- Be engaged or plan to engage in commercial activities outside of Nova Scotia;
- Have a fully developed exportable product, service, technology, or intellectual property that can be sold into a target market outside of Nova Scotia;
- Have an export plan (refer to the Scotians Program Guidelines for more detailed requirements).
Before You Apply
Please read the following prior to applying:
Online Form Features
During the online application, you will be asked to review and update the basic company information we have on file. This will ensure we have the most up-to-date information for processing your submissions.
As you complete the forms, your responses are saved as a draft. This allows you to step away and resume later. To pick up where you left off, you will be sent an application number via email to access your draft.
The following browsers are recommended and supported: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.
The Government of Nova Scotia’s privacy information practices for websites and online services applies to Nova Scotia Business Incorporated (NSBI). By using NSBI websites and online services, you accept the terms of the NSBI Privacy statement and the privacy statement on the Government website.
If you do not wish to use the internet to provide personal information to NSBI for this online service, you will be able to provide the information in another manner, such as a fillable PDF.
By continuing with your application, you consent to NSBI releasing your contact information to any third-party service providers retained for the purposes of evaluation of the program. This consent is valid whether your application is successful or not. You agree to being contacted by any such third-party service providers and will cooperate with them in the collection of information for evaluation of the program.
You further agree to release NSBI and its staff from any claims, causes of action, suits, actions and liabilities of every nature and kind whatsoever arising from, as a result of or in any way related to the aforementioned authorized release of contact information and subsequent collection and use of information.If you do not consent to the disclosure of your contact information, you cannot participate in this application.
Two-Step Identity Verification
We use two-step verification for our online forms. Each time you apply or submit a claim, you will be asked to:
- Enter your NSBI Customer Number and your associated email address to receive a one-time PIN number
- Enter the one-time PIN number to verify your identity and gain access to the online form
IMPORTANT: If this is your first program with NSBI or you don’t know your NSBI Customer Number, please contact your Regional Business Development Advisor to request this information.
Other ways to apply or submit a request
If you’re unable to use the online form, you can use the PDF Application Form. Submit your completed form according to the instructions on the form.
The PDF Application Form is an Adobe Fillable PDF form. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and complete them. If you do not have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from Adobe's website.
You must save the file to your computer before completing it. You cannot complete it in a browser window because the information you enter may not save successfully.
Follow these steps:
- Right click on the applicable link below to save the form to your computer. (select "Save Link as" or "Save Target as"). Note where you save it.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader and open the form from the location you saved it.
- Complete the form by entering information in the fillable fields. Be sure to save the form from time to time as you fill it in.
Fill and Sign
If you are using the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can Fill and Sign the form digitally. To do this follow these instructions:
- Click the "Fill & Sign" tool in the right-hand pane in Acrobat Reader (or choose "Tools" > "Fill & Sign" from the menu) You'll be asked to create your signature if one does not exist. You'll notice a "Sign" tool appear in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- When you are ready to sign, click “Sign” in the toolbar at the top of the page. Then draw, type, or choose an image for your signature if one doesn't already exist.
Once completed and signed, please submit your saved PDF file according to the instructions on the form.