Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program
Want to access post-secondary institution research and resources?
The Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program helps small and medium sized companies access direct assistance to help make their business more productive and innovative. The program lets businesses seek out expertise within post-secondary institutions to:
- Improve productivity;
- Develop a new product, service, or process; and
- Create growth
There are two tiers of the Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program.
- Tier 1: Vouchers of up to $15,000 for eligible businesses that have not previously been awarded a voucher or are applying with a new project.
- Tier 2: Vouchers of up to $25,000 for eligible businesses to build on work already done.
NEW: To ensure more Nova Scotia companies can get started on their research initiatives, we are limiting the number of times a company can access Tier One vouchers to two projects.
Vouchers are used to obtain services from eligible Service Providers. Businesses must select a provider and service that best fits their needs.
Applications for the Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program must be received by 5:00pm (Atlantic Standard Time) on October 15, 2020.
All projects must be completed, and claims submitted before March 15, 2021. All submissions are subject to available funding at the time of application.
How to Apply:
Please read the following prior to applying:
- Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program Guidelines
- Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program FAQ
The Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program Application Form is an Adobe Fillable PDF form. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and complete this form. If you do not have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from Adobe's website.
You must save the file to your computer before completing it. You cannot complete it in a browser window because the information you enter may not save successfully.
Follow these steps:
- Right click on the link below to download and save the Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program Application Form to your computer. (select "Save Link as" or "Save Target as"). Note where you save it.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader and open the Application Form from the location you saved it.
- Complete the form by entering information in the fillable fields. Be sure to save the form from time to time as you fill it in.
- Note, once the form is signed and saved, it will lock all fields and no further edits can be made.
If you are using the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can Fill and Sign the form digitally. To do this follow these instructions:
- Click the "Fill & Sign" tool in the right hand pane in Acrobat Reader (or choose "Tools" > "Fill & Sign" from the menu) You'll be asked to create your signature if one does not exist. You'll notice a "Sign" tool appear in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- When you are ready to sign, click “Sign” in the toolbar at the top of the page. Then draw, type, or choose an image for your signature if one doesn't already exist.
- Once completed and signed, please send your saved PDF file by email to the Regional Business Development Advisor for your region.
Productivity and Innovation Rebate Voucher Application (Right-Click or Control-click for the Mac)
For complete program details or assistance in completing the application form, please contact the Regional Business Development Advisor in your region.
Vouchers are awarded on a competitive basis.
|Acadia University||Leigh Huestis
Acadia Service Profile
|Cape Breton University||Sarah Conrod
|CBU Service Profile|
|Dalhousie University||Michelle Gurrola-Gal
|Dalhousie Service Profile|
|Mount Saint Vincent University||Danielle Goodfellow
|MSVU Service Profile|
|NSCAD University||Danielle Goodfellow
NSCAD Service Profile
NSCC Service Profile
|Saint Mary’s University||Danielle Goodfellow
|SMU Service Profile|
|St. Francis Xavier University||Andrew Kendall
StFX Service Profile
|Verschuren Centre||Dr. Beth Mason