Invest in Nova Scotia
Why Nova Scotia?
Looking to invest, relocate or expand in North America or Canada? Discover the advantages of investing in Nova Scotia.
- Strategic geographic location close to the United States and Europe with world-class infrastructure
- Highly skilled and educated workforce
- Competitive business costs and one of the most generous R&D tax incentives in the industrialized world
- Enviable quality of life featuring public healthcare, clean air and waterways
- Growing industry sectors including Information Communication Technology, Oceans, Financial Services, and Digital Media among others.
Learn more about why world-leading companies are locating or expanding in Nova Scotia:
Extend your reach to key markets
- Save time and money. Access North American and European markets.
- Our strategic location on Canada’s east coast, including modern infrastructure, multi-modal transportation, logistic assets, and global reach attracts investment from around the world.
Low business costs
Competitive business costs contribute positively to your bottom line
- Canada has the lowest business costs in the G7—saving you money you can use for further investments in operations, innovation, and growth.
- Nova Scotia has a significant advantage over other locations as business costs are typically lower. KPMG ranked Halifax 6th among 108 mature markets in its 2016 International Business Cost Competitiveness Study.
Attractive business incentives can help your company excel
- Locate or expand your business in Nova Scotia and take advantage of our generous incentive programs. We have incentives to meet your needs that give your company a financial boost.
Attract workers with the skills you need
- With the highest number of universities per capita, Nova Scotia is Canada’s university capital. You’ll find the talent you need in Nova Scotia, home to one of the world’s most highly educated, skilled and reliable workforces.
An ocean lifestyle
Where people want to live and work
- No matter where you are in Nova Scotia, you are never far from the ocean. The commercial heart of Halifax is on the water and there is no shortage of beautiful beaches and scenic coastal villages.
- Enjoy an affordable cost of living, and excellent recreational and cultural amenities. Learn more about Nova Scotia's quality of life.
Nova Scotia provides competitive advantages for investors and has one of the most diverse economies in Canada with many strong industry sectors including:
Nova Scotia Industry Sectors
Over 200 companies are doing oceans-sector business in Nova Scotia, including more than 60 innovators of new, high-tech products and services.
Nova Scotia’s thriving seafood companies, fish harvesters and processors export the highest quality fish and shellfish from the North Atlantic worldwide.
Information Communications Technology
Nova Scotia is a leading data analytics hub in Canada, supported by globally competitive companies and world-renowned academic institutions.
Nova Scotia has everything you need to produce a wide range of crops, including forages, fruits, vegetables, and grains.
Nova Scotia benefits from the largest tides in the world, a wealth of minerals and resources, and researchers that are attracting global attention.
Aerospace & Defence
Nova Scotia attracts globally recognized companies working in naval defence, aerospace, shipbuilding, sonar and sensing, cyber security, and training and simulation.
Take notice of the financial services industry in Nova Scotia - a strategic nearshore location for middle & back office operations.
Nova Scotia boasts one of the most cost-competitive jurisdictions for video game development in North America and Europe.