Small Business Development Program
Would your business benefit from the services of a professional consultant?
We are currently accepting applications for the Small Business Development Program for the 2019-20 fiscal year. Please review the Guidelines and FAQ and use the new Application Form before submitting.
The Small Business Development Program supports Nova Scotia businesses looking to increase their export capacity. The program provides financial incentives on projects that assist a business to grow current exports or participate in a global supply chain by providing access to:
- Research expertise;
- Expertise to improve productivity and competitiveness;
- Expertise to improve capacity; and
- Expertise to remove barriers to exporting
The Small Business Development Program supports the acquisition of a private sector consultant to provide professional expertise. The program contributes up to 50% of eligible project costs to a maximum incentive of $15,000 CAD.
A business with revenue growth of at least 15% in its previous complete fiscal year may be eligible for up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $25,000 CAD. The business must validate that minimum revenue growth by providing NSBI with any one of the following:
- review engagement financial statements for its previous complete fiscal year;
- copies of the GST 34 return showing revenue on line 101 for its last complete fiscal year and the previous complete fiscal year; or
- copies of the General Index of Financial Information form showing revenue on line 8299 for its last complete fiscal year and previous complete fiscal year.
Applications for the Small Business Development Program must be received by 5:00pm (Atlantic Standard Time) on January 15, 2020.
All projects must be completed and claims submitted before March 31, 2020.
How to Apply
- DOWNLOAD the Small Business Development Program Application Form and SAVE it to your computer.
The application form is a fillable PDF which means you can conveniently complete it electronically on your computer. You must, however, open it in Adobe® Acrobat Reader and save it to your computer before completing the fields in the application form.
- Once complete, please email your copy of the Small Business Development Application Form to the Regional Business Development Advisor for your region.
For complete program details or assistance in completing the application form, please contact the Regional Business Development Advisor for your region, or refer to the following:
Project funding is discretionary and will be awarded on a competitive basis.