Export Logistics Service – China Market
Take your agri-food and beverage products to market – in China.
We are no longer accepting expressions of interest. This program is now closed. Please check back for future updates.
The Export Logistics Service – China Market supports export-ready agri-food and beverage companies that are interested in having their products shipped, stored, promoted and sold in China via an import and logistics firm (importer) located in the Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone in Shanghai, China.
The services of the importer include:
- Customs Clearance and Commodity Inspection
- Bonded/Unbonded Warehousing
- Promotion on Multiple Online Platforms
- On/Offline Sales
- Pricing Strategy
- Logistics and Distribution
- Sales and Data Analysis
Costs and Service Fees
Participating companies will cost-share the expense of shipping a container to China. The cost to ship a container to China is approximately $2,500.00.
The importer service fee is $300/month per company. NSBI will cover 100% of the monthly fee, per company, for the first six months and 50% of the monthly fee, per company, for the following six months.
NSBI will also coordinate the consolidation of the first container shipment. Companies will be responsible for the cost of their products, shipping fees, and must be willing to have their products put in consignment until sold.
In order to be considered eligible, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an agri-food & beverage company;
- Must be actively exporting outside of Nova Scotia;
- Has completed market research for products in China;
- Has attempted and/or successfully exported to China;
- Have the capacity to produce and ship 10 pallets of products within a two-week timeline;
- Willing to put products in consignment in a warehouse in China;
- Willing to have your marketing material translated into Mandarin;
- Willing to have the importer share sales data with NSBI;
- Willing to provide company information such as pricing to NSBI; and
- Attend a mandatory information session.
NSBI will pre-screen the responses to our Request for Interest to determine which companies are put forth to the importer for consideration.
The final selection of participating companies will be made by the importer based on criteria including:
- Perceived fit for Chinese market
This program is now closed. We are no longer accepting responses to the Request for Interest.
How to Apply
- DOWNLOAD the Export Logistics Service Questionnaire Form and SAVE it to your computer.
The Questionnaire Form is a fillable PDF which means you can conveniently complete it electronically on your computer. You must, however, open it in Adobe® Acrobat Reader and SAVE it to your computer before completing the fields in the Questionnaire Form.
If you have answered “YES” to all of the questions in the Questionnaire Form, you are eligible to submit a response to the Request for Interest.
- COMPLETE a response to the Request for Interest. Please refer to the Export Logistics Service Request for Interest for complete details about the Export Logistics Service and the information required.
- SUBMIT your completed Questionnaire Form and Request for Interest response by 4:00pm ADT on April 3, 2018 to:
Nova Scotia Business Inc.
1800 Argyle Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3N8
Att: Export Logistics Service