Asia Market Development Program
Considering expanding your business in Asia?
The Asia Market Development Program (AMDP) helps Atlantic Canada exporters expand their presence and grow sales in new industry sectors and countries in Asia.
AMDP provides exporters with the in-market expertise and network to quickly identify opportunities and connect with qualified customers in South Korea, Japan, and the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) markets.
AMDP is made possible by funding from the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic provinces, with support and facilitation from the Atlantic Chamber of Commerce.
The AMDP provides:
- Up to 20 days of one-on-one professional in-market business development services focused on growing sales and making connections in the region.
- A specialized strategic market-entry plan including pre-qualified connections to executive level decision-makers.
- Professional marketing support services to help drive market development activities and lead generation.
- Coordinated access to existing federal and provincial export development resources, including a network of export development officials.
Qualifying for the AMDP
- Successful applicants should be experienced exporter companies currently selling outside of Atlantic Canada. Companies should be prepared to demonstrate an organizational commitment to executing an Asia-focused export growth strategy.
- Applicants are interviewed by export development officers, and upon acceptance into the program, are required to pay a non-refundable participation fee of $4,750.00 CAD plus HST.
- The AMDP enhances existing federal and provincial export-support resources and programs. In some cases, applicants may be advised to explore complementary services or funding programs.
- Applications are being accepted on a continuous basis until AMDP reaches the program capacity limit.
For program details please refer to the Guidelines or contact your respective provincial lead listed below:
Manager, Market Development
Nova Scotia Business Inc.
Atlantic Chamber of Commerce Inc.
Europe Market Development Program Manager
Opportunities NB / Opportunités NB