Canadian Market Champion of the Year Award
Canadian Market Champion of the Year Award - Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
Presented to a business that has made notable success by increasing exports to one or more new markets within Canada over the past two (2) years.
- Business must be currently exporting a product or service outside of Nova Scotia.
- Business must have already exported outside of Nova Scotia but have expanded to other markets across Canada within the past two (2) years.
- Business must be registered in Nova Scotia (NSRJS) or federally within Canada.
- Business must be actively operating in Nova Scotia for a minimum of two (2) years.
- A majority of the business must be headquartered in Nova Scotia.
- Product or service exported must contain majority Nova Scotia content.
- Publicly funded organizations are not eligible.
- Demonstrate success in expanding beyond traditional markets to pursue sales in other markets within Canada.
- Demonstrate notable growth in export revenues, sales and employment growth over the past two (2) years.
- Demonstrate how diversifying to other markets within Canada has impacted its business operations.
- Demonstrate how the company overcame barriers/obstacles in entering or expanding operations outside Nova Scotia.
- Demonstrate strategy/plan for overall export growth.
- Demonstrate net incremental returns to the Nova Scotia economy.