Business of Diversity Champion of the Year Award
Business of Diversity Champion of the Year - Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
Presented to a business of diversity that has made notable success in growing their business through export within the past (2) years.
- Business must be currently exporting a product or service outside of Nova Scotia
- Businesses of diversity are defined as 51%+ owned, managed, and operated by Aboriginal and/or Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBT+, veterans, visible minorities, and women.
- Business must be registered in Nova Scotia (NSRJS) or federally within Canada.
- Business must be actively operating in Nova Scotia for a minimum of 12 months.
- A majority of the business must be headquartered in Nova Scotia
- Product or service exported must contain majority Nova Scotia content.
- Publicly funded organizations are not eligible.
- Demonstrated notable growth in export revenues, sales and employment growth over the past two years.
- Demonstrated how they overcame barriers/obstacles in entering or expanding operations outside Nova Scotia.
- Demonstrate net incremental returns to the Nova Scotia economy.
- Demonstrated strategy/plan for overall export growth.