About the Awards
The Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards recognizes outstanding contributions that businesses have made to Nova Scotia’s economy through the export of products and services.
At Nova Scotia Business Inc., we see the talent and effort of Nova Scotia’s business community every day. Whether they are forging connections in new markets or inventing brand new products, Nova Scotia businesses are always charting new territory. That’s why the Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards are so important. It’s an opportunity to celebrate the successes we see on a regular basis—and a chance to demonstrate what Nova Scotia can do.
Since its inception in 1983, the Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards has honoured more than 200 businesses. These awards are a reflection of the innovation and growth of Nova Scotia’s economy.
In 2018, companies from across the province will be recognized via five (5) new award categories for their role in Nova Scotia’s export success. Companies may either apply directly or be nominated by a third party for the following award categories:
- New Exporter Champion of the Year: Presented to a business that is new to exporting and has made a successful initial entry into a new market outside of Nova Scotia within the past (2) years.
- Business of Diversity Champion of the Year: Presented to a business of diversity that has made notable success in growing their business through export within the past (2) years.
- Canadian Market Champion of the Year: Presented to a business that has made notable success by increasing exports to one or more new markets within Canada over the past (2) years.
- International Market Champion of the Year: Presented to an exporter who has excelled in international exports (outside of Canada) and made significant contributions to the development of the Nova Scotia economy within the past (2) years.
- Innovation in Business Champion of the Year: Presented to a business that has demonstrated sustainable growth of export markets through their efforts to adapt their product or service to meet market demand within the past (2) years.
Two companies, selected from the top three (3) finalists (including the Champion) for each of the five (5) award categories, will be awarded either Exporter of the Year under $5 million or Exporter of the Year over $5 million.