Trade Mission to Go for the Greens 2019
Wednesday, September 18, 2019 (All day) to Saturday, September 21, 2019 (All day)Add to calendar
Orlando, United States
We are seeking women-owned businesses interested in joining the Canadian trade mission as part of the Nova Scotia delegation. This event is organized by Business Women in International Trade (BWIT), a program by Global Affairs Canada.
Go for the Greens is a business development conference for women entrepreneurs seeking supplier diversity opportunities through exclusive access to companies, government agencies and non-profits.
This trade mission is open to Nova Scotia women-owned businesses that are interested in becoming certified, newly certified, or those experienced as certified diverse suppliers.
Included in registration:
- Preparatory Webinars
- A one-day, preparation workshop (lunch provided) in Halifax where participants will work to develop their short pitches and create their capability statements
- On-the-ground support from a NSBI Export Development Executive
- On-the-ground support from Business Women in International Trade Commissioners
- Government of Canada Programming
- Networking and potential B2B matchmaking meetings
- Available discounts: flights and accommodations
*Women-owned businesses are defined as 51%+ owned, managed, and controlled by women.
1. Download and complete the application form and email to Karen Williams. Note that participants must attend the NSBI preparation workshop for a fee of $100 + HST. Payment will be due after acceptance to the Nova Scotia delegation.
2. All Nova Scotia delegates must also register to join the Canadian delegation (free of charge). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.
3. Participants must self-register for Go for the Greens. Please note that there is a limit of 350 conference attendees. Travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, meals, and any other in-market expenses are the responsibility of each participant.
Note: Applicants may be eligible to apply to the Export Growth Program* for financial assistance.
*The Export Growth Program supports travel to new markets to allow companies to meet with prospective clients, attend trade shows, or identify potential opportunities.