Think Global Session: Selling Food, Beverages and Alcohol in China
Tuesday, October 3, 2017 - 8:30am to 3:00pmAdd to calendar
World Trade Convention Centre
1800 Argyle Street , Summit Suite
Halifax, NS, Canada
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency Nova Scotia (ACOA), is offering Export Education, providing Nova Scotia companies with export education and resources.
We are hosting a Think Global Session on how to sell food, beverage and alcohol products in China. During this session, learn from industry specialists on best practices and how to do business in China and hear from Nova Scotia exporters on their experiences in-market.
8:30am - 9:00am: Registration and Coffee
9:00am - 12:00pm: Information and Breakout Sessions
- Doing business in China - Presented by: Rebecca Copelovici, Industry Consultant
- Logistics and shipping - Presented by: Kristin Ross, Sales Manager, Atlantic Canada, Kuehne + Nagel
- Tools to protect your business - Presented by: Ed Steeves, Regional Vice President, Atlantic, Export Development Canada
Breakout Sessions: Product Specific Content and Strategy:
- Seafood - Facilitated by:
- Stephen Boudreau, General Manager - Clam Division, Clearwater
- Lawrence Gao, General Manager, Shanghai Fancy Food Trading Co. Ltd.
- Food and Beverage - Facilitated by:
- Yuan Yao, Director, JusNova Agriculture Ltd.
- Matthew Bragg, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Oxford Frozen Foods Ltd.
- Julie Houde, Export Development Executive, NSBI
- Alcohol - Facilitated by:
- Gillian Mainguy, Head of Sales, Benjamin Bridge
- Émilie Steckenborn, Head of Training, Summergate Fine Wines & Spirits, China Eastern Airline, Wine Consultant
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch
1:00pm - 3:00pm: One-on-one meetings with industry specialists. Pre-arranged by appointment only with the following:
- Export Development Canada - Team
- Industry Consultant - Rebecca Copelovici
- Kuehne + Nagel - Team
- Shanghai Fancy Food Trading Co. Ltd. - Lawrence Gao, General Manager
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. - Julie Houde, Export Development Executive - Agri-food
- Summergate Fine Wines & Spirits: Émilie Steckenborn, Head of Training (China Eastern Airline and Wine Consultant)
Registration fee: FREE
This information session is now full. We are no longer accepting registrations.
To book your one-on-one meeting, indicate "Yes" or "No" on the registration page.
Light refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Check out the Export Development Education Calendar for a complete listing of courses available in your region.
Halifax Regional Municipality