MISSION FULL: Expression of Interest: Trade Mission to Shanghai and Beijing - Atlantic Provinces
Monday, November 5, 2018 (All day) to Thursday, November 15, 2018 (All day)Add to calendar
Shanghai and Beijing, China
Please Note: This is an Expression of Interest only. This mission is subject to approval and interest level among companies.
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency ACOA), Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and the Atlantic provinces of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador, are currently seeking companies to express interest in participating in a multi-sector trade mission to Beijing and Shanghai, China, November 5-15, 2018.
From November 5-10, Canada will host a country pavilion at the inaugural China International Import Expo (CIIE), hosted by the People's Republic of China in Shanghai. On November 9 the pavilion space will exclusively promote the provinces of Atlantic Canada. On November 12, the Canada China Business Council (CCBC) will host the 40th Annual General Meeting Business Forum and Gala in Beijing. Companies are welcome to attend both the CIIE and the Annual General Meeting, joining approximately 100 fellow Atlantic Canadian businesses and representatives, and gaining valuable networking and learning opportunities.
Matchmaking and logistical support will be provided. Meeting dates and locations will vary depending on requirements, with most being regionalized to Shanghai and Beijing.
During this time, there are six major business events, trade shows and conferences taking place in China. It is expected that approximately 150 businesses and representatives from Atlantic Canada will be in China during this time, providing great opportunity to leverage business development opportunities with fellow Canadian exporters.
Participation in this mission includes:
- Pre-mission market briefing seminar and mission briefing meeting, required for all participants
- Pre-mission market approach counselling
- Individual support by an NSBI export development executive
- Matchmaking services: opportunity identification, scheduling meetings, development of customized business itineraries, profiling of business guests and their objectives, meeting briefings
- Market access to buyers, importers, distributors/agents and partners; minimum 6 matched meetings
- Coordination of city-to-city transportation and hotel bookings, intra-city transportation to arranged meetings and group events subject to maximum eight days, air travel from Shanghai to Beijing to specifically attend the CCBC group activity
- Access to the CIIE for its duration (November 5 -10)
- Access to the CCBC business forum and gala dinner (November 12)
- Business networking at Atlantic Canada Day on November 9 at the CIIE and at the CCBC annual event on November 12
- Assigned interpreter during business days, subject to maximum 10 days
- Translation and printing of business cards and product literature, subject to maximum number of pieces and print copies
- Translation of company profile to Mandarin, and published profile within the Atlantic Canada business directory to be distributed to Chinese buyers
- Letter of Invitation to support your VISA application
- Air Canada 15% discount subject to terms and conditions
Please Note: Companies will be responsible for the cost of airline travel to and from China, accommodation, meals and visa expenses.
To Express Your Interest:
Please complete the application form and email to Pamela Rudolph, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested companies must demonstrate eligibility. Eligibility will be based on knowledge of the Chinese market, market entry experiences, and success to date. Based on this criteria, applicants will be evaluated and screened for eligibility by Nova Scotia Business Inc., Global Affairs Canada, and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
This mission is also available to delegates who have already registered to participate in the China Fisheries and Seafood Expo in Qingdao, and/or the China and the Food Hospitality China show in Shanghai, China.
Companies will be notified regarding their acceptance by August 30, 2018. Upon successful application, registration completion and payment will be due September 5, 2018.
This project is being supported by the Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy, a partnership between the Government of Canada and the Atlantic Canadian provinces.
Aerospace & Defence, Life Sciences, Natural Resources, Clean Tech, Information Communications Technology, Agri-food, Seafood, Oceans, Advanced Manufacturing