World Trade & Convention Centre (WTCC)
1800 Argyle Street , Suite 701
Halifax, NS, Canada
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, is pleased to offer FITTskills: Global Value Chain.
Manage your company’s supply chain and logistics to mitigate risks, reduce costs and improve efficiency throughout every stage of your global value chain.The Global Value Chain course examines how you can control and manage logistical systems within the global value chain in order to minimize your costs and risks, and maximize your international business potential. It also examines aspects of distribution, inventory management, document management and procurement, which are integral to international trade logistics.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare and manage all necessary documentation for exporting and importing goods and services.
- Procure goods and services and outsource production in international markets in an effective, efficient and compliant manner.
- Determine requirements and make arrangements for efficient and effective transportation of goods in a timely manner, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure preparation of goods for transportation in a manner that minimizes risk, maintains condition of the goods and complies with regulations.
- Implement inventory management strategies that address the use of international suppliers and the needs of international buyers and customers.
- Provide products and services to global buyers to meet the needs of clients’ projects and comply with local legal requirements and cultural customs.
Instructor: Paula (Lunn) Greene
Agenda for each day:
- Workshop: 8:30am - 12:00pm
- Lunch: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Workshop: 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Registration fee: $57.50 ($50 + $7.50 HST)
Registration deadline: March 21, 2018
Light refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Aerospace & Defence, Digital Media, Business Services, Life Sciences, Film & Television Production, Natural Resources, Logistics & Transportation, Clean Tech, Energy & Heavy Industrial, Mining, Financial Services, Information Communications Technology, Agri-food, Seafood, Oceans, Advanced Manufacturing
Halifax Regional Municipality