New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation
37 Nepean Street
Sydney, NS, Canada
This event has been cancelled. Please check back for future dates.
Decide whether new international trade opportunities are viable, assess your company’s readiness to take advantage of them and determine whether the potential benefits outweigh the risks and costs. The Feasibility of International Trade course examines the critical steps and decisions needed to ensure the success of new international ventures. You will learn how to analyze your organizational readiness, identify promising opportunities, and decide if the potential outcomes fit with your company’s strategic direction and improve your bottom line.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to determine the viability of a prospective international initiative and its possible components.
- Assess organizational readiness for new international trade initiatives.
- Screen possible target markets to determine most viable markets for designated initiatives.
- Conduct market research for identified potential import and /or export ventures.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for importing and/or exporting potential products and services.
- Identify and analyze potential risks of international initiatives.
- Determine if the potential gains and opportunities of the venture outweigh the possible risks.
- Develop and implement strategies and activities to monitor and manage identified risks.
Instructor: Helen Graham
Agenda for each day:
- Workshop: 8:30am - 12:00pm
- Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00pm
- Workshop: 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Registration fee: $57.50 ($50 + $7.50 HST)
Light refreshments and lunch will be provided.