Atlantic Canada's China E-Commerce Workshop
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 - 8:30am to 5:00pmAdd to calendar
Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
1919 Upper Water Street
Halifax, NS, Canada
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in collaboration with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Opportunities NB, Innovation PEI, Newfoundland and Labrador’s Department of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation and Global Affairs Canada, is hosting Atlantic Canada’s China E-commerce Workshop on Tuesday, April 9, 2019 in Halifax.
This workshop will help you better understand e-commerce in China and develop your online strategy for building, launching and expanding your business in China through e-commerce.
Already the world’s largest, China’s e-commerce market is predicted to surpass $1 trillion USD in 2019. As China’s middle class expands, so too does the demand for imported products across many sectors; a fact reflected in the growing presence of foreign brands on China’s e-commerce platforms.
To succeed with your products in China’s online market, you need a well-developed business model with practical strategies to address the specificities and challenges unique to this market. This workshop will help you develop your practical strategies.
The program for the day will include a half-day workshop, a networking luncheon and an afternoon of one-on-one meetings for Atlantic Canada companies.
- Web Presence in China (WPIC) will be on hand at this workshop to provide you with an overview of the Chinese digital ecosystem, including market trends, consumer demographics, key players and major challenges so companies can best prepare their businesses for
e-commerce in China.
- Lulujo Baby, an Atlantic company, will share experiences in developing their Chinese sales channel through e-commerce platforms.
- Alibaba, China’s leading e-commerce company, will share information on how you can optimize your digital presence and e-Commerce operations in China within their respective business units.
Who Should Attend?
- Atlantic Canadian companies already selling in China
- Atlantic Canadian companies who have an expansion plan for China
- Atlantic Canadian companies that have some experience with selling via the internet
- Atlantic Canadian companies within the product categories of apparel and accessories, baby care, cosmetics/toiletries, food, beverage, seafood, natural health products, household products and small electronics (other categories are welcome but should be viable for the Chinese market.
Registration Fee: FREE
Space is limited.
- 7:30am - 8:30 am: Registration and Networking
- 8:30am - 8:40 am: Welcoming Remarks
- 8:40am - 9:00 am: Introductions and Overview of the Day
- 9:00am - 10:30am: WPIC Presentation
- 10:30am - 10:50am: Refreshment Break
- 10:50am - 11:20am: Lulujo Baby Presentation
- 11:20am - 12:45pm: Alibaba Presentation
- 12:45pm - 2:15pm: Networking Lunch
- 2:30pm - 5:00pm: One-on-one meetings for Atlantic Canada Companies with Alibaba, WPIC, Lulujo Baby and Partners listed below
- Nova Scotia Business Inc.
- Opportunities NB
- Innovation PEI
- Newfoundland and Labrador’s Department of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Global Affairs Canada – Atlantic Office
- Global Affairs Canada - Consulate General of Canada in Shanghai
- Global Affairs Canada - Greater China Division – Ottawa
- Export Development Canada
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Canada China Business Council
This project is being supported by the Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy, a partnership between the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic provincial governments.
Aerospace & Defence, Digital Media, Business Services, Life Sciences, Film & Television Production, Natural Resources, Logistics & Transportation, Clean Tech, Energy & Heavy Industrial, Mining, Financial Services, Information Communications Technology, Agri-food, Seafood, Oceans, Advanced Manufacturing