Research Assistant (Co-op Work Term)
Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI), led by a private-sector board of directors, is a lead business development agency for the province.
NSBI’s mandate is to help Nova Scotia businesses across the province grow exports through access to business advisory services, skills development and training to build export capacity, market intelligence, financing, and support in accessing global markets, with a focus on developing new exporters and attracting innovative, globally competitive companies to establish a business location in Nova Scotia.
NSBI’s Strategy & Research division provides research, analysis, and strategic planning for the organization, as well as for Nova Scotia companies through its Trade Market Intelligence (TMI) service.
Job Opportunity: Research Assistant (2 Positions Available for Summer 2020 Work Term)
The Research Assistant is responsible for:
- Conducting secondary international trade (TMI) research, and writing customized reports for Nova Scotia companies evaluating expansion into Canadian and international markets;
- Conducting research for Sector Strategists to assist in the development of sector strategies for NSBI, both domestically and internationally;
- Conducting research on companies and executives to create company profiles and biographies used by NSBI staff to prepare for meetings/events locally and abroad;
- Providing research and support as required for various organizational initiatives;
- Utilizing various databases in conducting research (training provided).
- Business, Commerce, Arts, Science or Public Relations undergraduate co-op student;
- Strong investigative research skills and interest in conducting research;
- Ability to analyze and organize research findings and create reports;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong proficiency in English, orally and in writing;
- Effective time management skills;
- High degree of initiative and autonomy;
- Confident and flexible personality; and,
- An interest in international business.
Position Reports to: Manager, Trade Market Intelligence
Dates: May 4 - August 28, 2020
Salary: Commensurate with experience ($14-$16 per hour)
Students enrolled at a Nova Scotia university must apply through their university’s co-operative education office.