Program Claims Coordinator
Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) is a business development agency for the Province of Nova Scotia, led by a private sector board of directors.
To strengthen and grow the Nova Scotia economy, NSBI’s primary efforts are focused on helping Nova Scotia businesses grow exports through access to business advisory services, skills development and training, market intelligence, access to financing, support in accessing global markets, and by attracting innovative, globally competitive companies to establish a business location in Nova Scotia.
Job Opportunity: Program Claims Coordinator
Reporting to the Manager, Compliance, the Program Claims Coordinator efficiently reviews and processes a high volume of claims transactions for NSBI’s Export Growth Program. This role is responsible to provide timely follow up, quick responsiveness to inquiries, and efficient review of claim packages received in order to deliver a quick turnaround in processing time. Ensuring that the guidelines of the Export Growth Program are always respected, the Program Claims Coordinator confirms that all relevant claim information collected falls within the terms of the agreement/letter of offer by analyzing the claim package before preparing a disbursement form for approval.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- In coordination with the Program Claims Assistant, set up and send client reminders for clients to submit claims to NSBI based upon established scheduling.
- Provide accurate and detailed responses to client inquiries.
- Communicate any changes to client initiatives with other program staff as applicable.
- Match agreement/letter of offer to claims and applicable attachments and/or receipts.
- Verify proof of payment for all expenses.
- Confirm all approved expense details for the submissions against the agreement/letter of offer and if necessary, adjust claim forms per the guidelines of the program.
- Communicate with clients if additional information is required.
- Enter data into NSBI’s Customer Relationship Management system (Salesforce) to ensure accurate tracking of program budget and claims.
- Complete disbursements and submit to the appropriate signing authorities when completed.
- Generate reports to track agreements/letters of offer, budget/slippage, important dates, initiatives, and disbursements.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Compliance, draft and evolve best practice improvements for programs.
- Relief reception coverage as scheduled.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
To be considered as a potential candidate, you have a post-secondary diploma in Accounting and at least three (3) years of experience in an office/accounting environment. A working knowledge of proof of payment verifications and reading bank/credit statements is considered an asset. You have developed highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs. An extremely sharp attention to detail and applications within an accounting environment is a requirement for this role. Experience working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is an asset.
Classification: This is a bargaining unit position with a NSBI 3 rate of pay: $41,355.86 - $50,681.80. Preference will be given to qualified NSBI NSGEU bargaining unit candidates.
NSBI’s professional team is as innovative and energetic as the clients we serve. If you have what it takes to join our team, we would like to hear from you.