Export Development Executive
Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) is Nova Scotia’s private sector-led business development agency. We help companies enhance their competitiveness through export development and financing. We are also responsible for attracting foreign direct investment to the province, driving the growth of Nova Scotia's economy.
NSBI is seeking a person with a passion for assisting in the growth and success of business in Nova Scotia. Located in Halifax, the Export Development Executive works with Nova Scotia companies to help them grow their revenues through increased national and international trade. This involves consultation with companies as well as the delivery of export development programs, including trade missions. Both national and international travel is required.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working one on one with Nova Scotia companies to help them develop and pursue individual market diversification and penetration strategies;
- Assisting in enhancing the market preparedness of organizations through research, counseling, and referrals to appropriate programming;
- Managing relationships with suppliers and project partners;
- Developing projects based on analysis of client opportunities; managing projects including project budgets;
- Writing effective project proposals; and
- Participating in the effective delivery of the Province’s suite of export development programs and services.
To be considered as a candidate, you will possess post-secondary education in business, commerce or a related discipline with a focus on international export, and have a minimum of three years of direct export development experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience). You must possess (or can obtain) a valid Canadian passport with no travel restrictions.
You have a solid comprehension of the issues and opportunities present in international export, including export policy and trade negotiations. This role requires a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment, and initiative, as well as the ability to comfortably cope with ambiguity, occasional extended travel, and irregular schedules while sustaining a high level of energy. Foreign language capabilities, experience working with clients in foreign markets, a CITP designation and experience in the Ocean Technology sector will be considered assets.
Classification: This is a bargaining unit position with an NSBI 7 rate of pay: $72,444.58 - $86,786.70