As a mid- to late-stage investor, NSBI VC's investment goals are as follows:
- Help build value in Nova Scotia companies;
- Provide growth capital to build market traction;
- Generate superior long-term financial returns;
- Harvest acquisition opportunities with an interest in retaining business operations in Nova Scotia;
- And prepare our clients for a successful and financially rewarding exit.
We provide growth capital and relevant resources to:
- Help companies enhance new and existing market opportunities;
- Develop a company's management team and strengthen its board of directors;
- And assist companies to become accountable for their projected and realized results.
NSBI VC focuses its investments in five key sectors:
If your company is rapidly evolving and growing in your market, you may be eligible for venture capital. You should also have a sustainable competitive advantage and a defined, defensible market niche.
Our ideal investment range is from $1 million to $3 million of growth capital, with the ability to do follow-on investments. We prefer investment opportunities that offer a three to five-year exit window with companies that could lead to a merger, strategic acquisition, or listing on a public exchange.
To date, we have invested more than $55 million of capital in a portfolio of world-leading Nova Scotia companies. Through its partnerships, NSBI VC has been able to leverage an additional investment for its existing portfolio clients.