In its effort to address access-to-capital issues for businesses, Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) today released the schedule of provincial stops on its Capital Ideas Roadshow a series of high level, hands-on information events created specifically to help Nova Scotian entrepreneurs better understand growth potential and available financing options and strategies.
The roadshow will stop at seven locations throughout the province and will showcase eight presenting sponsors, each with unique expertise and services to help businesses with growth needs. The partners are KPMG, Royal Bank of Canada, Export Development Canada, Business Development Bank of Canada, Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation, National Research Council-IRAP (Industrial Research Assistance Program) and Boyne Clarke Barristers and Solicitors.
Access to capital remains an impediment to business growth for companies throughout the province, especially for rural-based small and medium-sized businesses, said Stephen Lund, President and CEO of NSBI. Our partners in the Capital Ideas Roadshow are key players in the province's business financing world. Together we have assembled a strong agenda to showcase the financing opportunities available for businesses throughout Nova Scotia and across all sectors.
Each session will be centered on three key elements:
- a Financing the Future panel presentation and discussion that explores all aspects of funding a business,
- a Financing Marketplace of sponsor product and service offerings presenting a showcase for delegates in real terms with real people, and,
- a Keynote Luncheon Address featuring real life experiences of some of Nova Scotia's most successful entrepreneurs.
Sessions are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to noon, with lunch from noon to 1:30 p.m., at a cost of $30 per participant. They will take place on:
- February 20 in Port Hawkesbury at the Maritime Inn
- March 6 in Bridgewater at the Wandlyn Inn
- March 20 in Kentville at the Old Orchard Inn
- April 8 in Yarmouth at the Rodd Grand Hotel
- April 10 in Sydney at the University College of Cape Breton
- April 15 in Truro at the Debert Hospitality Centre
- April 29 in Halifax at Pier 21
To obtain a registration form, interested participants should contact the following:
Capital Ideas Roadshow
Nova Scotia Business Inc. is the province's business development agency, an organization that works with companies to provide business solutions. The private sector-led agency works to attract new businesses to the province and help those already in Nova Scotia expand through services such as export development and financing.