Home to a highly educated workforce
- 10 universities
& 13 community college campuses.
- Year after year, Nova Scotia's universities have been awarded top honours by Maclean's Magazine Guide to Canadian Universities--ranking three of our universities in the top ten for undergraduate universities in Canada.
- 1 in 4 people in Halifax over the age of 15 has a university degree.
- In April, 2011, the provincial government of Nova Scotia announced a new Immigration Strategy that will see the number of immigrants in Nova Scotia double by the year 2020.
- The goal of government is to work closely with employers, community organizations and labour to ensure the province attracts immigrants whose skills are most needed in the workforce.
A collaborative approach
- Understanding that talent is the key to industry success, NSBI works
with industry, academia and government partners to ensure that high
school students across the province are aware of the types of jobs and
career options that are available in the province.
Demographics & Trends
- Population of Nova Scotia (NS): 942,668 (2014)
- Population of Halifax: 414,398 (2014)
- GDP (Millions) (NS): $33,480.40 (2014)
- Unemployment rate (NS): 9% (2014)
- Unemployment rate (Halifax): 6.4% (2014)
Read more about the quality of life your employees will enjoy.