Setting up an office in Nova Scotia offers many advantages to your company:
- Access to world-class R&D
- Collaborative business environment between public and private sectors
- Innovative people
- Solid provincial and federal government incentives
Nova Scotia has an active R&D environment focused on harnessing the innovation, infrastructure, people and knowledge found here:
- We have 450 PhDs in ocean-related disciplines, which is the world’s highest concentration of researchers in this sector.
- Nova Scotia is home to world-renowned ocean-related research institutions including Canada’s largest - The Bedford Institute of Oceanography (BIO) - the country's first major centre devoted to oceanography which
brings together some 700 scientists, engineers, technicians, contractors
and staff working in a range of disciplines
- The Institute for Ocean Research Enterprise (IORE) will deliver advanced research that will inform public policy, build
synergies with industry partners, and draw world attention to this
- Dalhousie University is home to more than 100 researchers focusing on oceans and ocean technology.
- The NRC-Institute for Marine Biosciences is home to the Industry Partnership Facility based in Halifax, Nova Scotia exploring the commercial potential of technologies in marine biosciences and life sciences.
Nova Scotia is also home to many world-leading companies focused on ocean technology and more than 200 local companies ready to be part of your supply chain:
- A shipbuilder since 1889, the Halifax Shipyard, Irving
Shipbuilding$25-billion contract to build Canada’s next generation surface
combatants will bring 30 years of sustainable jobs and spin-off opportunities
including those involved in the ocean technology industry.
- For thirty years, Acadian Seaplants has been producing world leading marine plant research working with
leaders in marine science, plant biotechnology and physiology on a
regional, national and global scale.
- Ocean Nutrition Canada,
the world's largest supplier of Omega-3 EPA/DHA, is home to North
America's largest privately owned marine research and development
facility, employing 35 scientists and engineers, including 14 PhDs.
- CarteNav Solutions, is an international leader in situational awareness solutions and offers a version of AIMS-ISR® that enables maritime
defence and security forces to achieve clarity in the complexity of
operations at sea.