You'll agree that Nova Scotia is an ideal investment location for manufacturing companies including: resourced-based manufacturing industries, sophisticated technologies, and product parts manufacturing for the defence, security & aerospace sector.
Leading manufacturing companies choose Nova Scotia for many reasons.
- Nova Scotia has a world-class workforce. The technical and professional programs offered by Nova Scotia's 10 degree granting institutions and 13 community college campuses answer the recruitment needs of today's global companies. The Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) may work with your company to provide training curriculums specific to your needs.
- Nova Scotia is home to more than 40% of all of Canada's military assets and some of the world's leading defence, security & aerospace companies including: Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, L-3 Canada, IMP Group, and Pratt & Whitney.
- Positioned as the gateway to North America and as a global shipping centre, Nova Scotia offers unparalleled access to US and European markets.
- Nova Scotia is the closest mainland port to Europe and Asia, via the Suez Canal.
- According to KPMG’s 2014 Competitive Alternatives, Halifax ranks 12 among 107 global cities featured in the survey, for lowest overall costs in the manufacturing industry.
- In 2013, the manufacturing sector produced over $2.7 billion in chained GDP. This represents the largest output of any goods-producing sector in Nova Scotia.
Read more about the incentive programs available for your business.