Discover the advantages of choosing Nova Scotia as an investment location for Logistics companies.
- Enjoy low development costs and competitive wages when compared to other North American centres.
- Experience low turnover.
- Work in a time zone that allows you to do business with Europe and Western North America in the same day.
- Hire from our highly educated workforce with strong industrial skills while tapping into our 10 universities and 13 community college campuses.
- Take advantage of attractive incentives including payroll generating incentives.
- Enjoy an environment dedicated to your success and facilitating long-term partnerships between industry, academia and government.
- Largest airport in Atlantic Canada: over 3.5 million passengers, over 87,000 aircraft movements and 29,263 metric tonnes of cargo in 2011.
- Closest major mainland airport to Europe. Just more than a 5 hour flight to London, over 2 hours to New York and Toronto and over 3 hours to Chicago.
- 15,000 foot runway allowing largest planes to land.
- Halifax is the closest North American container port with Europe, the Med and Suez Canal. Cargo arrives 2 days faster in Halifax from Europe than any other east coast port.
- Efficient intermodal connections to key markets in Central Canada and the US Midwest have cargo arriving up to 5 days faster than other port gateways.
- For over 250 years ports in Nova Scotia has remained a cornerstone of economic activity for the city, the region and the province as a whole.
- North American Railway, CN, offers competitive transportation
solutions designed to meet the dynamic needs of customers from across
North America and overseas, and is recognized as a leader in the
- 1,200 kilometres of National Highway System roadways linked to 22,000
kilometres of secondary roads. With an ever-expanding four-lane highway
system, Nova Scotia has direct road links to the rest of Canada and