Compensation & Employee Benefits Offered:
- Pension Plan
NSBI employes are members of the Government of Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Plan (PSSP). Additional information is available on the Nova Scotia Pension Agency website.
- Medical and Dental Benefits
Benefits are provided to employees through membership in the Health/Dental Plan offered by the Province of Nova Scotia. View the plan costs.
- Public Service Award
Employees who retire from NSBI and receive a pension are also eligible to receive a Public Service Award. The Public Service Award is equal to one week’s pay (half of bi-weekly salary) for each year of full-time service to a maximum of 26 full years.
- Life Insurance
Provided through the Group Life Insurance Plan of the Government of Nova Scotia. Optional Life insurance is also available.
- Pregnancy and Parental & Adoption Leave allowance
Benefits for new parents are covered under the Supplementary Employment Benefit (S.E.B.) Plan
- Professional Development & Training
We support training and development activities to ensure our workforce has the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the agency’s current and future business needs.
- Leadership Development Program
Working at NSBI you will find opportunities to enhance your leadership skills and expand your career path in the areas of strategy, judgment, decision-making and vision. We pride ourselves on building leaders.
- Employee Health & Wellness
NSBI is committed to promoting the mental and physical health of our employees. To achieve this we offer:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Confidential and volunteer support services that can help solve a variety of problems and challenges in an employee’s life, as well as seminars and workshops on topics such as stress, diet and happiness.
- Workplace Wellness Program – Our workplace wellness program includes educational sessions, learning experiences and physical fitness activities designed to invest in your physical wellness and mental health. The objectives are to raise awareness, encourage healthier lifestyles, increase knowledge, and learn new skills.
- Health and Wellness Allowance – All permanent employees receive an allowance of $100 per year for assistance in promoting a healthier lifestyle. This allowance can be used for items such as gym memberships, health and wellness courses, etc.